Friday, January 7, 2011

Is My Ankle Broken Symptoms

Ballon d'Or short hymn to the Teletext

damned pages are not updated ever ...
Before it's too late just for the memories, I wanted to spend five minutes of my drab existence to weave a hymn to a thing (I can not think of another way to describe it) that scored for many years, my days and my relationship with football: RAI teletext. If it is hard to believe that there are guys who will never pay the football field with five thousand pounds (aho rega ASR field? "A shield"), for the simple fact that the bill greenish have never hand-held, if it is even more incredible to think that those same kids will never see the players of your favorite team take the field with the numbers 1 through 11, but have had to put up with the number 10 goalkeepers peeled and ignoble striker with 2 or 3, the maximum is unbelievable for me to think that this unfortunate generation that follows me will never learn to crave, with all his might and even at the cost of letting the fire burn the coffee so as not to distract, you refresh the screen with the Teletext page 229, new news. The very short of the Teletext were my sentimental education football information. Any break from the studio, maybe in a row and the other greek version (so I also understand that I have studies to back solids), was consecrated the pagan ritual of page 229: When I was reading in the upper right 1 / 3 after the last time we had arrived only at the 2 / 2, a strange and overwhelming excitement led me to wonder what amazing news editors had put Teletext Football hands, perhaps with Middlesbrough Mendieta was injured, maybe he would accept the offer of Caracciolo Palermo, Mallorca perhaps lost in the Copa del Rey. All this has been lost, because today's Internet with its pages in real-time, there SkySport24 that drags on the bottom of the screen news one hundred thousand per second, all the same, there are mobile phones that will connect with the world. Above all, the ritual of waiting has been lost, because there is no need to wait minutes or hours before the pages are updated, as today all pages are always updated. But the charm, mystery and excitement of knowing what it contains that page 3 / 3 that was not there before were not replaced by anything or anyone.
My other gripe is that no longer follows the live games on Teletext. I refer of course to pages 221 and following. Screenshots wonderful, even in terms of color, with yellow ones and red ones, blue ones and those green stars. Perfect to accompany the commentary on the radio, like a good full-bodied red wine should not be missing next roast with potatoes. In thin silence of those names carved into the column could imagine lots memorable, exciting action, played by star players. Here, I found the screen (which I remember perfectly to have seen that game on Teletext, and then the goal at the near post after Caracciolo, in the high-lights), the long name Parravicini, replaced by Guana, it looks like a dam in the middle of the field that has thwarted the attacks of the Hammers. Reo-Cocker warned that makes us imagine a large wood-cut that's filled with fouls sguizzanti rosanero attackers. But above all, even there, that 2 / 2 in the upper right holds all my heart in my throat, waiting for the opening of the first screen, which contains the synthetic comment of the game. Synthetic yes, but also witty, because the prose of teletext was essential, but cool as a glass of water. That glass of water, which, unfortunately, do not drink anymore.
Honor at Teletext then, and all the veterans of analogue television. In both should dedicate a monument outside the headquarters of RAI Saxa Rubra, not to forget.

0 comments:

Post a Comment